When we first bought the bus, we noticed that several of the rubber hinges on the bay doors were cracked and needed to be replaced. It was one of those projects that just wasn’t high on our priority list, however. We knew we would do it at some point
We are so close to heading inside the bus and starting insulation, walls, beds, kitchen, etc. First, however, we have just a couple more projects that have to come before walls go up. The first project on that list is cameras.
At 35 feet long plus a tow car, we
After prepping the strut with the L-brackets and building our own scaffolding, the day had finally come to start installing the solar rack. Or so we thought.
We had picked up our bus from storage just like any other Friday morning. I was following behind the bus in our car,
I think about 90% of our projects have ended up with Plan B (or C or D). Maybe not really 90%, but in the midst of troubleshooting and coming up with new ideas on the fly, it sure seems like it is that high. At this point, when a project
I wish we had video or pictures of how poor the light output was from the old incandescent headlights. Unfortunately, we never took any before the wiring was cut to remove the headlights during the painting process (there were no disconnects - only short, crusty old wires). But, believe me,
While we don’t want to do much night driving, we do want to be as visible as possible when those occasions come up. Since we needed to redo the headlights and their wiring (coming soon), we decided to add LED marker lights and turn signals down the lengths of
We never really loved the old tail lights that the previous owner had built. However, we hadn’t really thought about redoing the entire rear light setup. Last year, we had even simply switched out the old bulbs in all of those lights for LEDs. That definitely helped some. Unfortunately